Bloomsburg has always strived to provide a quality education that is accessible to students from all walks of life. Today, financial realities strain that commitment. Rising operational costs and limited public funding for schools puts a heavy financial burden upon many students and families. Soaring tuition costs create a seemingly insurmountable barrier that blocks access to education and imposes limits on future career and personal opportunities.
Bloomsburg University scholarships help remove this barrier, giving deserving students opportunities to achieve their educational goals.
Establish a Scholarship
- Help the university remain competitive.
- Create a diverse learning community.
- Relieve debt and create opportunity for students.
Endowed scholarship funds are permanent and perpetual. The principal gift is invested in our foundation’s endowment, and a portion of the earnings generated funds a scholarship award. The principal remains untouched, allowing the endowment to last in perpetuity.
- Named Endowed Scholarships
- Established with a principal gift of $25,000 or more
- Single gift or annual installments over five years
- Awarded once the minimum investment is met
- Virtual Named Endowed Scholarships
- Planned giving option
- Minimum annual commitment of $1,000 and a minimum deferred gift of at least $25,000
- Named Annual Scholarships
- Funded with a gift of $10,000 or more
- Single payment or annual installments over four years
Your Personal Gift
Creating a scholarship fund is a very personal decision. Such a gift allows you to create a legacy in your own life and personally impact the lives of the students you help. When establishing a scholarship fund, you can:
- Direct your gift to areas of interest that support undergraduates or graduates in a specific program.
- Specify scholarship criteria important to you.
- Name your scholarship in memory or in honor of an individual, business or organization.
- Receive possible tax benefits, when applicable.
To get started, contact the Bloomsburg University Foundation at 855-BU2-GIVE or donate to the campaign online.