Faculty members are the champions of the personal Bloomsburg education. Many alumni attribute their success today to research opportunities, classroom discussions and career-building experiences faculty made available to them.
However, fierce competition from other colleges and universities threatens the recruitment and retention of these talented individuals—educators and distinguished scholars who thrive on building personal connections with students.
With investments directed at rewarding them and providing incentives that will aid in recruiting, retaining and recognizing high-achieving, passionate faculty, we can continue to open more doors for student success.
Benefits of Endowed Professorships
Opportunities for Funding
- Endowed Professorship| $1.6 Million+ Gift
Distinguished Professorship | $500,000 – $1 Million Gift
Endowed professorships are awarded to individuals for five years, and distinguished professorships are awarded for three years. These gifts provide funding to:
- Add a new senior faculty position supporting a strategic subject area, or
- Recognize a current senior faculty member for exemplary teaching, scholarship, commitment to mentoring students and/or service to the university.
- Faculty Fellowship | $25,000 - $500,000 Gift
Faculty fellowships are awarded to individuals for two years. This gift provides funding to:
- Award a current faculty member committed to outstanding student and career advising; who supports activities like Professional U, service-learning, study abroad, and Undergraduate Research Scholarship and Creative Activity (URSCA).
- Provide a stipend to augment the recipient’s courses to create professional and applied learning opportunities for students.
- Visiting Professor/Professional | $250,000 - $500,000 Gift
Visiting professorships are awarded to individuals for a period of up to two years. They provide funding to:
- Bring in an expert who adds value to students’ education and/or increases interest in the university.
Your Personal Gift
Your personal gift to faculty also allows you to create a legacy in your own life, while personally impacting the lives of future students and our university. By rewarding the excellence of current faculty and drawing new, top-notch scholars, we can:
- Retain highly qualified faculty dedicated to student success.
- Recruit the best and brightest students and increase the value of a BU degree.
- Inspire faculty to new levels of academic achievement.
- Foster innovative teaching methods.
- Support professional activities, conferences and experiences.
- Enrich students and faculty with new insights and ensure the strength of our academic programs.
To get started, contact the Bloomsburg University Foundation at 855-BU2-GIVE or donate to the campaign online.